Tuesday, March 26, 2013

God knows the plans He has for me

                             
 
" 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD."
" 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you."
" 'Plans to give you a hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11
 
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you."
"Before you were born I set you apart." ~Jeremiah 1:5
"In his heart a man plans his course."
"But the LORD determines his steps." ~Proverbs 16:9
 
*Sigh*. Those are such wonderful promises. God knows the plans He has for me.
He has set me apart.
And while I may make plans for myself, He determines where I'm going to step.
Hmm.
He knew what kind of family I needed.
  He knew that I would need two older brothers in my life.
He knew what friends I would need.
What churches I needed to be in.
What youthgroup I would need to be a part of.
  He knew that I needed to be homeschooled.
That I wouldn't graduate when I thought I would.
 
Oh goodness.  He knew.
And yet, even though many things have not gone how I wanted them to.
Or that certain things haven't happened at all or might not happen for a time.
He didn't plan it that way to harm me, to make my life miserable.
In fact, He planned it that way for the oppisite reason.
For my good.
For His glory.
He knew what I needed when I needed it, even when I didn't.
He knew.
And even now He's writing my story.
 
I'm looking forward to what He has planned for me.
I know, even though there may be days of frustration, pain that there will also be days of joy.
And whatever He does have planned, it's going to be good.
It's going to be an adventure.
I really can't wait.
And yet,
I need to be patient. I need to wait on His timing.
He's never late or early.
He's always right on time.
 
Hmm.
I just have to wait.
"Wait on the Lord."
 
It may be hard,
but it will be worth it in the end.
I just have to trust.
"Trust in the Lord will all your heart."
 
Simply trust and wait.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Amen and amen, Josie. So true. The Lord has planned you from the beginning to the end and His plan for you is perfect and glorious. Keep trusting.

    Blessings and love!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete