Thursday, February 28, 2013

Fly Away to Neverland?

     Sometimes I wish that Neverland truly existed. That I could simply fly away to that place and stay for a time. A place where little boys and girls of my aquaintance would never be too old to sit on my lap, hold my hand, or wrap their little arms around my neck and place their head on my shoulder. A place where little ones who are soon to be starting school would just stay that way forever. A place where sweet junior high girls wouldn't worry about makeup and boys. A place where I wouldn't have to worry about college decisions or adult-hood. Or where friends wouldn't grow up and move on.
     Sadly, no nuch place exists. People grow up and change. Little ones grow big and junior highers start highschool. Friends graduate and attend college. Change is a part of life. Oh, sometimes it hurts, other times it's bothersome, victorious, and exciting. There are so many seasons of life. I haven't seen 20 years and already I've experienced so much change. But God brings change along for a reason. He can use it to fashion us and grow us to be more like Him. Even when we go through bad change.
     So yes, there are many days where I wish I could fly away to Neverland. To simply never grow up. You know what, though? Change and growing up is all a part of the story God is writing. I wouldn't miss this adventure for anything.

                  In Christ,
                               Josie
    

3 comments:

  1. Very true, my friend. Great post!

    Love ya!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah . . . I know that sometimes I used to wish I was a little girl, so I didn't have to worry about appearances, tons of schoolwork, boys. . . . But when I think about it, there's no way I'd rather go back and have to go through all these years again! I <3 this post, the title too :) I always have trouble with titles. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly. But like I said, growing up is an adventure, is it not? And it's ok, I struggle with titles sometimes too. Thank-you, though.

    ReplyDelete